DICOMServer @ Medical Connections Ltd
This site contains and runs a generic DICOM server for public use. It is built using DicomObjects, and is provided for the following purposes:
- A public resource for all DICOM developers to use for testing (whatever toolkit they use)
- A demonstration of the capabilities of DicomObjects
- A test bed to find possible interoperability problems, so that they may be fixed.
Recently updated features are highlight in bold
The main features are:
- Support for C-STORE, C-FIND, C-GET & C-MOVE
(other services may be added later)
- Support for Frame Level Retrival (DICOM Supplement 119)
- Support for DICOM Modality Worklist Queries. See the test data page for details
- Promiscuous operation (AE titles and IP addresses are not checked or restricted)
- Full logging available, so difficulties may be identified
- Support for C-MOVE from any host
The C-MOVE support is unusual, as most DICOM servers can only work if the C-MOVE destination has been preprogrammed into them, as the DICOM protocol requires the destination AE title to be translated into an IP address and port number. This server can use a predefined list (set up by the administrator), but in addition, if an AET is not in the “known” list, then and if it is the same as the requesting AET, then the server assumes that there is a listener at the originating IP address on the same port used to access the server (normally 104 or 11112). This will work for most cases, but if you need something different set up, please let me know (this will require both an addition to the database, and a firewall relaxation).
Incoming Image which fails our internal validation will be Rejected.
Full support for multiple character sets (stored internally as Unicode) is included, provided of course that the character set (0008,0005) is properly specified.
Rules/Procedure for accessing the server (a full conformance statement will be written some day!):
- Server is at www.dicomserver.co.uk (188.8.131.52)
- Ports are 104 and 11112
- Use any calling and called AE titles you like (making them specific to you will assist if logs need to be examined), but if you wish to use C-MOVE, ensure that the calling and destination AETs are the same, and that you listen on port 104.
- All images uploaded are available to all users, so please ensure they they are suitably anonymised. Images can be removed on request, but please don’t expect me to do this on a regular basis.
- All composite SOP classes may be used (including presentation states, structured reports and radiotherapy classes)
- The live log files are available at the following URL :
Note that the log files may contain a mixture of your own and other users’ activity, but they restart every hour in order to keep the size manageable. Logs older than 7 days will be auto-deleted.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact Dave Harvey